[802.3_DWDM] IEEE P802.3cw D1.0 - List of Needed Items

All,

At my request our chief editor has developed a list of TBD items found in IEEE P802.3cw D1.0.  (The list is at the end of this email.)

I would like to thank Tom for this effort, as it will help us to focus on working towards a technically complete draft.

Please review this list and consider possible comments as you review D1.0 for our initial Task Force Review.

Regards,

John D’Ambrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3cw Task Force

Parameter Name

Clause

400GBASE-ZR OH - need mapping of OH bytes including interleaving

155.2.4.4.3

Link status monitoring and signaling - need replacement signal in the case of faults

155.2.4.4.5

400GBASE-ZR PCS and PMA detailed functions and state diagrams - need baseline

155.4

400GBASE-ZR PCS and PMA management - need baseline

155.5

Loopback - need baseline

155.6

Table 156-6 transmit characteristics

Spectral excursion (max)

156.7.1

Side-mode suppression ratio (SMSR) (min)

156.7.1

Error vector magnitude (max)

156.7.1

I-Q offset (max)

156.7.1

Table 156-7 receive characteristics

Receiver sensitivity (max)

156.7.2

Receiver OSNR (min):

    For average receive power <–16 dBm

156.7.2

    For average receive power >= 16 dBm

156.7.2

Table 156-8 DWDM black link characteristics

Ripple (max)

156.8

Average output power at TP3 (max)

156.8

Average output power at TP3 (min):

    for OSNR at TP3 < 35 dB (12.5 GHz)

156.8

    for OSNR at TP3 >= 35 dB (12.5 GHz)

156.8

OSNR at TP3 (min)

156.8

Optical path OSNR penalty (max), for OSNR at TP3 < 35 dB (12.5 GHz)

156.8

Optical path power penalty (max), for OSNR at TP3 >= 35 dB (12.5 GHz)

156.8

Fiber chromatic dispersion slope at channel center frequencies (min)

156.8

Inter-channel crosstalk at TP3 (max)

156.8

Interferometric crosstalk at TP3 (max)