From: Greg D Le Cheminant <0000151070d69e15-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2021 2:02 PM
To: STDS-802-3-DWDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_DWDM] 802.3 cw EVM test data contributions

Hello,

As mentioned on the call this morning, Bernd Nebendahl and I would like to provide a method for participants in the working group to assist in the development of EVM metrics through contributing actual transmitter results.  Transmitter waveform data can be sent to us for post processing through a common EVM script to generate EVM values.  (If the EVM script is modified, it will be simple to reprocess the waveforms through the revised script to generate updated EVM values).  Our plan is to discuss EVM results within the working group.  However, all results will remain anonymous and only presented with the permission of the contributor.    True anonymity requires several participants.   The more participants we have, the better will be our ability to set realistic spec limits.

  • Waveform data can be from commercial instrumentation or general receivers
  • The file format can be either .CSV or MATLAB
  • Provide X and Y values for both polarization states (four columns total)
  • 100K symbols or more is preferred
  • Provide the Sampling rate
  • Provide the Symbol rate

Feel free to contact Bernd and me with any questions or suggestions.

Regards,

Bernd and Greg