[802.3_DWDM] Liaison for Consideration @ Jan 22 Interim Mtg - ITU-T SG15

Title: Liaison for Consideration @ Jan 22 Interim Mtg - ITU-T SG15

All

Our WG Chair, Mr. Law, has requested that our Task Force consider the following liaison from ITU-T SG15 -

https://www.ieee802.org/3/cw/public/22_01/SG15-LS343_Redacted.pdf

I suggest individuals take a moment to read this email, as the ITU-T SG 15 has removed the G.698.2 addition of 200G and 400G from their work program due to a very limited outlook that sufficient measurement data would be contributed within the foreseeable future.   I note this, given our own similar challenge in getting data.

Please feel free to discuss this on the reflector.  I propose to bring forward a proposed response for the TF to consider at the Jan meeting.

Regards,

John DAmbrosia

Chair, IEEE P802.3cw Task Force