From: Jeffrey Rahn [mailto:00001831c35430da-dmarc-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, January 9, 2022 6:41 PM
To: STDS-802-3-DWDM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [802.3_DWDM] ROSNR and EVM Correlation Study

All,

I wanted to give an update on ROSNR and EVM Correlation Study for 400G ZR Modules presented at the 11/15/2021 plenary teleconference. One of the questions we addressed was whether all Tx and Rx parameters were within required specs. We have since come to understand that one vendor’s transmitter was not meeting requirements for one parameter, and this might be responsible for three of the outliner ROSNR data points.

We are hoping to be able to obtain in-spec Tx from that vendor, and re-test the EVM and ROSNR values, and provide an update. Most likely we can provide an update in January, though it might be challenging to finish this by the interim meeting on the 1/17.

All the best and happy new year,

Jeff Rahn

Meta