[802.3AZ] Update - Wake shrinkage Ad Hoc call Monday 2nd March at 5:00PM CET; 4:00PM GMT; 11:00 AM EST; 8:00AM PST

All,

I have been contacted by Adam Healey as he has identified some corrections
he would like to make to the wake time shrinkage calculations he presented
to the ad hoc last Monday. I have attached the updated presentation with
the issue corrected and some other changes. Adam supplied this list of
changes:

1. Tmz starts concurrently with Twtx, not sequentially as shown in the
original diagram and implied by the equations.
2. For the sake of consistency, I have elected to start Tsz concurrently
with Twtx as well.
3. I have included a simplified form of the Trwts(M) equation which is
equivalent to the original
4. I have updated the Trtws(S) equation based on the following premise:
The residual wake time for the system receiver, Tw_sys_rx, is limited by
the "SLAVE initiates wake" case and may be expected to be basis for system
receiver design. There is little point to requiring that this time be
larger for the "MASTER initiates wake" case the allowed receiver wake time
shrinkage for this case becomes a very simple calculation.
5. There is a back-up slide in the presentation that highlights the
changes made to the equations based on the points above.

Mike Grimwood has also provided me with an update on his 1000BASE-T
calculations based on the corrections above, and I have updated my draft
report on the assumption that these corrections will be accepted by the Ad
Hoc today. Based on these being updated presentation I am going to accept
them even thought they were submitted after the deadline.

If you do intend to join the call please ensure that you review the
IEEE-SA PatCom slides [
http://standards.ieee.org/board/pat/pat-slideset.pdf ] prior to the start
of the conference call. At the start of call I will ask that everybody
confirms that they have read this material - if anybody hasn't we will
pause the call until they confirm that they have done so.

Best regards,
  David Law

Agenda
------

[1] Patent policy
[2] Review presentation
[2a] 1000BASE-T PHY worst-case wake-time budget (Jim Barnette, Vitesse)
[3] Report to IEEE P802.3az Task Force
[3a] Review draft report to IEEE P802.3az Task Force
[3b] Adopt report

Meeting information
-------------------

CALL DATE:            02-Mar-2009  (Monday)
CALL TIME:            5:00PM CET; 4:00PM GMT; 11:00 AM EST; 8:00AM PST
DURATION:             30 Minutes
MUTE CONTROL:         Press *6 mute/unmute line

LEADER:               Mr David Law
PARTICIPANT PASSCODE: 43342

For security reasons, both the passcode and the leader's name may be
required to join your call.

DIAL-IN NUMBERS:

UK       0800-279-9054
UK       +44-20-7019-0822