[802.3AZ] Interim meeting information

Dear colleagues,

Our next meeting is located at the Fairmont Le Château Frontenac in Quêbec, Canada. Registration and reservation information is available here: http://grouper.ieee.org/groups/802/3/interims/quebec_1_0509.html Be sure to register and make a reservation at the meeting hotel as soon as possible. Staying at the Fairmont insures that our host will not be penalized. Additionally, the room rates are very reasonable. We are grateful to Tyco for hosting during these difficult economic times.

Our meeting is scheduled to begin at 8:30 AM on Wednesday, April 29th, 2009 and end at 5 PM on May 1, 2009. Times are Eastern Daylight Time. As I mentioned in the announcement of Task Force review of Draft 1.3, our goal is to produce a draft ready for Working Group preview coming out of the interim meeting. We need to evaluate whether or not the draft is technically complete, and if it is not, do what it takes to make it complete. Please take the time to review this draft thoroughly and keep comments focused on identifying and fixing things that would prevent us from being able to go to WG Ballot in July.

When you submit comments, please be very specific in your suggested remedies. Let's do what we can to help our editors.

If you plan to submit a presentation, please submit your request per the guidelines at the Procedure for Presenters web page:
http://www.ieee802.org/3/az/public/presentproc.html

Presentation requests and materials are due to me by *11:59 PM PST on Thursday, April 23rd. Presentations should be related to comments and on proposals that will lead to a technically complete draft. Presentations should be mailed to me at mjbennett@xxxxxxxxx Please remember that any requests for time or submissions of presentation material containing restrictive notices will be rejected.

Best regards,

Mike
--
Michael J. Bennett
Chair, IEEE P802.3az, Energy Efficient Ethernet Task Force