[802.3AZ] Liaison letter from IEC TC65/SC65C/JWG10

All,

The IEEE 802.3 Working Group has received a liaison letter from IEC
TC65/SC65C/JWG10, Industrial process measurement, control and
automation/Industrial networks with respect to Power over Ethernet
performance in industrial environments.

While the formal consideration of the letter will occur during the IEEE
802.3 plenary in July, to allow maximum time for understanding and
consideration of its contents, I have provided the IEEE P802.3at DTE Power
via MDI Enhancements Task Force email reflector a preview as I intend to
delegate drafting a response to that Task Force.

I have also decided to provide a link to the preview to the IEEE P802.3az
Energy-efficient Ethernet Task Force. While the letter doesn't in
any way directly relate to this project I know that a number of PHY
experts are participating in this project so may be individually
interested in the letter.

If you wish to review the letter and the related emails please see
the email thread titled 'Liaison letter from IEC TC65/SC65C/JWG10 -
Power over Ethernet performance in industrial environments' at the URL
[ http://www.ieee802.org/3/poep_study/email/thrd1.html ].

Please direct any comments or communications related to this letter to
the IEEE P802.3at email reflector (stds-802-3-poep@xxxxxxxx) and NOT
to this reflector.

Thanks and best regards,
David Law,
Chair, IEEE 802.3 Ethernet Working Group
Phone: +44 131 665 7264
Email: David_Law@xxxxxxxx