The PAR has been sent

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3 EFM Study Group,

As you directed, I have sent our draft PAR and
5 Criteria to the IEEE 802 LMSC Sponsor Executive
Committee. Copies of the documents are attached
to this message in the form of PDF files.

You will note three minor changes to the PAR
from what we approved in St. Louis:

1) Change name of sponsor to CS/LMSC, rather
than spelling it out.

2) Change name of base standard to "802.3 2000 Edition
and approved amendments", to reflect the fact that
one or more amendments to 802.3 will likely have been
approved before EFM is finished.

3) Change international harmonization to "ISO/IEC JTC1
via fast track after IEEE approval", to maintain
consistency with other recent 802.3 PARs.

I made these changes after consulation with the 802.3
WG chair.

I have also sent in the formal request for a tutorial
slot on Monday evening July 9th, in Portland.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3 EFM Study Group

8023ahPAR.pdf

8023ahCritters.pdf