From: Rghines1@xxxxxxx [mailto:Rghines1@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 3:08 AM
To: stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
Subject: Re: [EFM] RE: Relative OSP Costs of PON vs. P2P

Another issue regarding copper riser is the EMI that can cause a network
degrading to a point of UN-usability. This type of spurious interference is
quite common in long riser runs of ten or more stories.   Copper risers are
nothing more than a large antenna. This coupled with Ray's advise is more
than enough fact to steer many network engineers/building management
companies into a tailspin over building access.