From: Harry Hvostov [mailto:HHvostov@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, July 13, 2001 11:42 AM
To: Jian Song; mike.obrien@xxxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
Subject: RE: [EFM] EPON TDMA - Small timeslots/DBA

1. For delay sensitive traffic requests could be implicit - periodic fixed size grants sent by OLT will work.
2. Requests could be "piggy-backed" on data transmissions, further reducing request/grant delay and overhead.
3. Fixed size cells don't work for variable size Ethernet frames. If you don't use fragmentation, worst case is transport of 64 byte frames in 1518 byte fixed size slots - efficiency of 4%.