Re: [EFM] Wavelength allocation

In the interest of taxonomy clarity we need a terminology that
differentiates between actual PTP (via the physics of materials) and
virtual PTP (via the physics of frequency spectra).   Maybe MPTP and FPTP.

Also in the interest of taxonomy clarity we probably also need a
terminology that differentiates between fixed and variable frequency
assignments (since everything happens at a band of the electromagnetic
spectrum), maybe fixed frequency (wavelength) vs frequency (wavelength)
agile solutions.

Whether frequency agility is undertaken as an element of TDMA EPON is a
decision that needs to be made at some point, though is obviously
influenced by the current relative cost of frequency (wavelength) agility.