From: gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 6:37 PM
To: stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
Subject: [EFM] NTT, Ethernet

Most of you probably caught this:

NTT launching 100 Mb/s in Japan.

http://www.eetimes.com/story/OEG20010803S0003

"A Japanese government project, dubbed e-Japan,
intends to connect 10 million households to
100Mbit/s networks and 30 million households
to 10Mbit/s networks by 2005."

"Usen shocked the Japanese communications industry
by beating NTT to the punch with a 100Mbit/s service
priced at $40 per month."

This is amazing stuff, and it is Ethernet (go EFM).

I'd like more insight (service mix, concentration,
fiber, etc.) to this if anyone has it.

Gerry Pesavento
Alloptic, Inc.