[EFM] Make up meeting conflict

Many of you have pointed out that the 802.3ah
EFM Task Force make-up interim meeting conflicts
with ITU-T SG15 meetings to be held in Geneva on
(I believe) October 15-26th.

I am sorry to say that the conflict is unavoidable.
I understand that the ITU meeting was scheduled
some years in advance, and I agree that it would
have been better to avoid that two week period
altogether. I also understand that some of you
will not be able to attend the EFM meeting
because of this conflict.

None-the-less, I believe that we will be able to
have a productive meeting in Los Angeles.  We
will be able to review and critique the proposals
and presentation materials, and conduct some of
the organizational activities required for the
formation of a new Task Force in 802.3.

With the IEEE 802 Plenary week meetings in Austin, TX
following just three weeks later, I do not foresee a
need to make any vital decisions at the Los Angeles
meeting. Therefore, if you have stronger reasons for
attending the ITU-T meetings, please do so, with my
best wishes for a safe and productive trip.

Howard Frazier