RE: [EFM] OAM - Faye's seven points - pings

Bob,

Thank you and

Yes, what I meant subscriber port is the port that sits
on CPE and connects to the subscriber network.
Plug and play is a very reasonable requirement but
I was asking for the scenario where sometimes a
connectivity check is required to answer subscriber's
complaint about losing connection/slowness ...

I am not a SP so I was merely guessing that customer
support engineer might need to start a ping command
from the CPE subscriber port and go upstream to the
SP's router to check connectivity.  I guess this steps
into the OAM discussion?

Taking OAM discussion to MEF is a good idea.  I
agree.

-faye