From: Bob Barrett [mailto:bob.barrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2001 4:24 AM
To: ah_smith@xxxxxxxxxxx; Roy Bynum
Cc: stds-802-3-efm
Subject: RE: [EFM] OAM - link sharing (was Faye's seven points)

BTW - Who remembers the problems caused by delayed BPDUs in spanning tree
protocol? There is a good example of the problems that can arise when
control traffic is mixed with payload if ever there was one :-). It was
addressed by some form of prioritisation I seem to recall. I stopped
following 802.1 in 1992, so others may care to expand on the detail.