RE: [EFM] 1 Gbps != 999.9 Mbps

Harry et al

yup, all the IP 'stuff' is payload as far as the demarcation point is
concerned.

The demarc is a PHY that carries packets at the end of the day. Some demarcs
may be buried inside a bigger system, however, the standard must also cater
for stand alone demarc devices. My expectation as a user would be that at
the demarc the bandwidth was the same capacity as my enterprise MAC and PHY
of the same spec.

Would I miss 10k per second on a 1GE, I doubt it.

Would my test gear pick it up on an end to end private circuit test, I don't
know, anyone on the reflector tried this?

Bob