RE: [EFM] Network timing, ATM, ADSL/VDSL and EFM

Zi

At 1GE an Ethernet frame starts to look like a cell in a point to point
network, add 802.1P and 802.1Q and the p2p starts to look like a
deterministic delivery mechanism.

The 'frame tax' with MAC and IP is actually higher than the cell tax, but as
you say, who cares if the service works.

Bob Barrett