[EFM] Re: [EFM-Copper] Copper schedule in LAX (and beyond...)

Behrooz,

     I think it is definitely a good idea to make a complete investigation for
the loop plants, crosstalk coupling models and noise sources all over the world.
However, it seems to me that we couldn't complete this huge work not even to Nov
02, but even to Nov 03 on one hand, and, on the other hand, even Nov 02 sounds
too late. It actually targets us for a decisions regarding duplexing and
modulation technique to the middle of 2003 and for equipment, accordingly, to
the middle 2004! I am not sure many people are looking for this long process.

      My view is, we can start right now from public networks, which are rather
well known and specified, add all the available data on loops inside big
buildings and take this package as a primary environment to target EFM. Later
on, as different new environments will show a good business case, we just add
them to the existing models and improve the spec.

Vladimir