From: gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 31, 2001 8:22 PM
To: FEffenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
Subject: RE: clarification on compliance definition

Frank,

Because an ATM/Ethernet/TDM PON framework does not fit in the scope
of 802.3ah, I see no reason for you to try to disrupt the work being done.

> free from the 'scope police,' who work to shut down discussion on important issues in
> their unbridled quest for a quick and very dirty standard.

These "scope police" are the ones who have kept Ethernet what it is;
the most successful, widely deployed network in history.
I know of no one in 802.3ah working on a "quick and dirty standard".

> but the world does not revolve around Alloptic.

Frank, please don't ever question my integrity.

Gerry Pesavento
gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel 530.757.6250 (Davis, CA)
Cell 530.219.1954