[EFM] Deadline Extended

I appologize for the multiple copies.  I want to make sure
that everyone sees this.

By popular demand, and in recognition of the short
turn around time since the L.A. meeting, I will
extend the deadline for presentation material
submission for our next meeting until Wednesday,
November 7th.

Gerry Pesavento will be traveling during the next
week, so we ask that you copy Ariel Maislos at
Passave (ariel.maislos@xxxxxxxxxxx) INSTEAD of Gerry on
your requests for an EPON related presentation slot.

The schedule for the November meeting is shown
in the attached PDF file, with the 802.3 meetings
conveniently highlighted in bold face type.

There are a couple of unusual items on the schedule
worth taking note of.  First, the 802.16 WG will
be giving a tutorial on their MAC on Monday evening.
Please plan on attending this tutorial to learn how
they have addressed the P2MP MAC issues in an 802 network.
Second, we will be holding a joint session (referred to
as a technical plenary meeting) with the 802.1 WG on
Wednesday morning.  The purpose of this session is to
explore the issues of compliance with 802.0 and 802.1 for
EPONs.

Please note that on Wednesday all of us EFMers
will be meeting in the convention center, which I am
told is a short walk from the Radisson Hotel.  Apparently,
there isn't a hotel in Austin that's big enough to hold
the expected crowds. As I previously stated, you should
make your reservations in the Radisson, NOT the Hyatt Regency.

My thanks in advance to all of you who put in the effort
to produce presentations for our upcoming meeting. We
are a contribution driven organization, so keep those
presentations coming!

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force