[EFM] Re: EFM OAM on Preamble

[Date: 11/22/2001  From Seto]

Ben,

I asked Hiroshi a similar question regarding 100BASE-X case.
RX_DV can be asserted any time before SFD.
Hiroshi's answer was  "I fully understand which sections they
are defined."  I assumed he intend to change exsiting preamble
reception mechanism in IEEE802.3 for EFM.  Is that so, Hiroshi?

Thanks.

Seto

>Hiroshi,
>
>I did not attend your presentation entitled "EFM OAM on Preamble"
>but I've seen a copy of your slides. I wonder if this question
>was asked during the presentation and would like to hear your
>response:
>
>How is this protocol handled when preamble bytes are lost?
>Specifically in the case of 1GE when the first byte of
>preamble is discarded around 50% of the time.
>
>Thanks,
>Ben Brown
>
>--
>Benjamin Brown