[EFM] Is "campus" P2MP out of scope?

Howard,

I am seeing several references to a "enterprise" type of "campus"
deployment as a target for P2MP optical services.  I may be mistaken, but I
thought that this TF was working on support of "subscription networks"
which, by my understanding, are commercial service access networks, not
enterprise networks.  Am I mistaken?  If I am not, then that would make the
need to support enterprise campus networks somewhat out of scope.

I hate to see a lot of effort put into trying to support campus networks
for ubiquitous shared access over optical media.  From my experience,
ubiquitous shared networks have an effective utilization of about 30%,
depending on the number of nodes on the media.   The support and
maintenance of that type of topology in the enterprise campus environment
would be very similar to the old "coax" system of years ago.  At the lower
utilization, an the high maintenance labor costs, the higher cost of the
optical media would not be cost effective.  I don't see much of a market
for that type of deployment.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum