RE: [EFM-P2P] RE: [EFM] T.V. broadcast / unicast

Carlos

Can you expand on what you mean by advanced signalling please?

> b.2) Voice over TDM emulation, advanced signalling.

e.g. is this

CCS protocol interpretation and conversion to SS7?

Does it include ADPCM?

etc. etc.

When there is fiber end to end isn't it easier, cheaper, and less likely to
'break' if it is simple as in your cases

> a) Voice over TDM (using sideband modulation)

and

> b.1) Voice over TDM emulation, transparent mode.

If the PBX works with the switch over T1/E1 today, then it will work over a)
and b.1. As soon as the intermediate system starts messing around with
signalling the whole issue of compatibility (and resulting finger pointing)
rears it's ugly head (from in my experience of call routing / re-dialler
arbitrage systems).

Thanks

Bob Barrett