RE: [EFM] Half-duplex - definition of a repeater

General question:

Is the 802.3 definition of a repeater explicitly limited to half duplex
only?

I am only asking this here for the sake of expediency. I could go through
the CDROM but that would take me a day and I still wouldn't be sure of the
negative answer.

I guess there is a supplementary question that members of this group may
ask, which is 'why would anybody want a full duplex repeater?'. The answer
being 'as a full duplex media converter, with management'. If there isn't a
definition for this within 802.3 then would anybody be interested in
supporting a proposal to create a standard definition for one?

Please respond to this directly rather than busy the reflector.

Thanks

Bob