[EFM] CAT 5 cable - what IS 'full duplex'

I have a home router that supports 'full duplex', which will provide me
with 200 Mbps transfer rates over the ethernet.

I'm using CAT 5 UTP cable which has 4 twisted pairs.  I use the orange
and green pairs for ethernet and use the brown and blue pairs for
telephone.

To achieve 'full duplex', I'm not sure if I'll need to reserve the blue
and brown pairs for ethernet, or if the two pairs, orange and green,
satisfy that standard.

I've never heard the term 'full duplex' before, but from what I know
about duplex and simplex, by using only 2 pairs for ethernet, I would
consider that to be 'duplex', therefore my suspicion is that I'll need
to use all 4 pairs to achieve 'full duplex'.

Second, once I have the network configured for 'full duplex', it seems
like I'd have to upgrade my NIC cards to support 200 Mbps (full duplex)
operation.

Comments, recommendations, and links to related URL's would be
appreciated.

Thank you.

Tim Sell

begin:vcard
n:Sell;Tim
tel;work:972-615-1439
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.noc.gteanet.com/home/share/fltcontroller/NETS/prt/prthome.html
org:Verizon West NOC;M&C
version:2.1
email;internet:tim.sell@xxxxxxxxxxx
title:Wireline - Monitor and Control Technician
x-mozilla-cpt:;11808
fn:M&C Dept. Process Review Team Home Page
end:vcard