From: owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org
[mailto:owner-stds-802-3-efm@majordomo.ieee.org]On Behalf Of Roy Bynum
Sent: 24 January 2002 23:21
To: Geoff Thompson
Cc: Tony Jeffree; Geoff Thompson; stds-802-3-efm
Subject: Re: [EFM] Re: OAM - To side-band or not to side-band

Geoff,

This was a thread that got off into the distinction between the marketing
vernacular and the specific terminology of the standard.  It was an effort
to get some of the participants to get a better definition of what terms
were going to be used for what meanings.  I don't think it worked.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum