Re: [EFM] Cable plant question

Hello all,

I think you may use APC for connector of ONU/OLT or patch panels easily.
However, I cannot image the whole OSP with APC and fusion splice only.
To optimize the OSP cost and flexibility, we use MT connector
(because we use ribbon fibers) and fusion splice for connecting both cable ends,
Mechanical splice and Fusion splice for dropping a fiber from distribution cable,
and MT connector for branching cables.
All these splice points are in the small closures on the pole or underground
where you cannot install any panel and GREEN patch codes.
If you request us to use APC for connector, we have to re-install all OSP
from zero.

Yukihiro Fujimoto
  NTT Access Network Service Systems Labs.