[EFM] RE: [EFM-Copper] Copper questions for EFM

Hi all,

I would like to comment on the following statements in Hugh's e-mail.

>2. St. Louis copper sub task force

>We spent a lot of time in the copper STF discussing what would happen after
we choose a
>baseline - particularly the choosing of a line code. As a result, there was
a lot of
>division and (though I hate to say it) ill-feeling. Despite all this, we
passed the
>baseline proposal by >80%. The rival baseline proposal was rejected by
>80%.

According to my notes, the voting result for the first baseline proposal in
the copper STF was Y:37, N:10, A:9. This implies that the copper STF passed
the proposal by about 78.7% instead of by >80%. In fact, it was just two
votes away from being rejected. The voting result for the rival baseline
proposal was Y:14, N:32, A:16. This implies that it was rejected by about
69.6% instead of by >80%. Therefore, the two statements made in Hugh's
e-mail on voting results are incorrect.

I think that telling the truth is one of the first few steps to give and get
R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

Regards,

Dong Wei, Ph.D.
Senior Member of Technical Staff - Broadband Access
SBC Technology Resources, Inc.
9505 Arboretum Blvd., Austin, TX 78759
Phone: (512) 372-5615    Fax: (512) 372-5691
Pager: (888) 520-1559

	This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property of
SBC, are confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual
or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one of the named
recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender at 512 372-5615 and delete this
message immediately from your computer.  Any other use, retention,
dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited.