[EFM] RE: OAM Proposals - a ping by any other name

Dan,

I agree with you.  Preamble as it is may require a new chip set for all the
test equipment.  A baseline including the "null" frame of a preamble
without an Ethernet MAC frame will require the replacement of every piece
of Ethernet test equipment that every enterprise and service provider
currently has.  I am not sure that the industry can support that right now.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum