[EFM] RE: OAM Proposals - a ping by any other name

Martin,

For packet services such as Ethernet VPN, OAMiP is useful to provide
"Section" equivalent level autonomous fault bit alarms, or a very low level
maintenance function such as turning on or off "Section" equivalent level
loop back functions.  This is the reason that I supported a simplified
version of OAMiP as being optional for EFM.

For Private Line services OAMiP is useless.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum