Re: Fw: RE: [EFM] RE: OAM Transport Proposal

Brad,

There are standards with ITU-T that govern the hierarchy of managing
multiple links.   The hierarchy within the WIS overhead is an example of
something that will handle OAM over multiple sequential physical links as a
single end-to-end path link between end systems.  So far, I have not seen
anything that comes close to that sort of thing within EFM.  Edge
subscriber networks tend to operate differently.  Do some research on
Integrated Digital Loop Carrier systems (GR303).  You will see how the
intermediate systems are handled.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum