RE: [EFM] [EFM-OAM] OAM Transport Proposal

Sergiu,

I assume that an 802.3 repeater would be similar in concept to this
converter you mention.  For that, I can understand that a MAC level OAM may
not be sufficient to provide the link/PHY level OAM that would be required.

As much as OAM in preamble may solve the problem, I am still concerned about
the changes required to 802.3 to provide this capability.  I think that it
would be great if an OAM in preamble supporter could compile a list of the
changes required to existing clauses to add this feature.

I just want the task force and working group to be well-informed about what
we're signing up to do.

Thanks,
Brad

Sent from my Blackberry...