Re: [EFM] RE: OAM Proposals - a ping by any other name

Geoff,

Actually, service providers today pull management information out of
"overhead" and not frame information. The OAMinP portion of the OAM
Baseline proposals go one better by providing SONET equivalent
management
information from an Ethernet stream without the overhead expense. Frame
information
must be routed to the user or management entity. OAMinP information
always goes directly to the management entity.

Best Regards,
Rich