[EFM] Access Network Transport Project

http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/studygroups/com15/

Dear standards colleagues,

I am pleased to announce my confirmation as Rapporteur of Question 1 under Working Party 5 of the ITU-T Study Group 15.  Study Group 15 has been designated by the ITU-T as the lead study group for Access Network Transport.  As the Rapporteur, I will be responsible for coordinating this activity and updating the Access Network Standardization Plan.  For a complete description of this project and to view the current standardization plan, please refer to the Study Group 15 link above and look under Lead Study Group Activities.

Attached is an agenda for today's meeting.  For those attending the Study Group 15 Plenary meeting here in Geneva, I cordially invite you to attend.  In the future, I hope to solicit the expertise of those working in the area of access network standardization to improve upon the excellent work of my predecessor, Mr. Reinhold Feigel of Marconi.  I've also attached a work plan addressing my proposal to further enhance this project.

Best regards,

Robert Carlisle

 <<T01-SG15-020429-TD-WP5-0007!!MSW-E.doc>>  <<T01-SG15-020429-TD-WP5-0008!!MSW-E.doc>>