[EFM] IMPORTANT - MEETING ON SUNDAY JULY 7th

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

Due to our current volume of work, we will hold an
interim meeting on Sunday, July 7th in Vancouver, BC,
at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver, from 1 to 6 pm.  This
email message serves as the official notice of this meeting,
and complies with the notification requirements of our
operating rules.

Note that this is the venue for the next meeting of  the
IEEE 802.3 Working Group. However, although
IEEE 802.3ah will also be meeting on  Tuesday, Wednesday,
and Thursday of the week, as regularly scheduled, the meeting
on Sunday must, according to our rules, be considered an
"interim" meeting of one day duration.  Therefore, attendance
at the Sunday meeting will not accrue towards the requirements
for obtaining voting rights.

Please read the message from the conference organizers as
included below.  Please make your reservations at the Fairmont
Hotel Vancouver immediately, as the deadline is May 31st, after
which, rooms may not be available.

An agenda for the Sunday meeting will be made available shortly.
I intend to use the time for a general session of the IEEE 802.3ah
EFM Task Force to address issues that were left unresolved at
the end of our meeting in Edinburgh, particularly those issues
pertaining to P2MP, FEC, and Copper.  Regular sub task force
breakout sessions will begin first thing Tuesday morning, July 9th..

The previously announced deadlines and instructions for the submittal
of presentation materials remain unchanged. The deadline for
submittal of materials is Friday, June 28th, and you must contact
one of the sub task force chairs or editors no later than Friday, June
14th to coordinate your presentation.  See my email of May 29th
for complete instructions.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE P802.3ah EFM Task Force

IEEE 802:       Meeting Information Update Memo  -  3rd  Announcement

DATE:   Thursday, May 30 2002
ATTN:   All  IEEE 802 Attendees
SUBJ:   Last Chance for 802 Hotel Reservations  -  Book Now !!!

The cutoff date for IEEE 802 Room Reservations is tomorrow for both hotels
and the rooms are going fast, so Book your reservation NOW or you may wind
up stuck at a HoJo 20 miles away.  You can always cancel/modify without
penalty if your plans should change.  July is HIGH SEASON so once these
rooms are gone, it may be very difficult to find anything else.
Please note the split meeting so you can book at the correct hotel for your
Working Group meetings.

 a) The Hyatt Regency Vancouver, will be the site for the July 2002 IEEE 802
Plenary Meeting as well as Working Groups 802.1, 802.11, 802.15, 802.16,
802.17, and 802.18.  The IEEE 802 Opening Plenary will begin Monday, July
8th at 11:00am and 802 Working Group Meetings will begin at 1:00pm.  Please
note:  Some of the 802 Working Groups have scheduled meetings for Friday
morning, July 12th.  Please visit the home web site for your Working Group
for the detailed WG agenda.  The closing Executive Committee meeting is
currently scheduled to be held from 1pm to 6pm on Friday, July 12th.
Hyatt Regency Vancouver
655 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada  V6C 2R7
Reservation Phone:  (604) 683-1234    Toll Free:  (800) 233-1234
Reservation Fax:  (604) 689-3707
to make Web Reservations:  http://vancouver.hyatt.com/groupbooking/ieee
Info for visitors to Canada:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/view-e.asp?Grp=000100B1&act=1&tbID=1
The IEEE 802 Group rate is $265.00 (Canadian) for single or $280.00
(Canadian) for double/twin occupancy + tax per night.  These rates are
available from July 1 through July 21, 2002, subject to room availability.
Please make your room reservations directly with the hotel using the IEEE
802 Hotel Reservation Form (page 3 of the Meeting Info PDF), the web, or by
phone.  When making reservations by phone, please be sure to identify
yourself as a member of the IEEE 802 Group to qualify for these special
group rates.  For this meeting we have arranged a block of rooms that are
reserved for IEEE 802 attendees until the reservation deadline (room-block
cut-off date).

b) This meeting will again be a Split-Meeting due to our continued high
attendance.  All 802.3 WG meetings will be held at the Fairmont Hotel
Vancouver, so if you are planning to attend 802.3 all week and are currently
booked at the Hyatt, you should consider switching your hotel reservation.
We have arranged for a room block at the Fairmont Hotel with a discounted
IEEE 802 Group (code: GREEE1) room rate: $250.00 (Canadian) for single
occupancy, or $260.00 (Canadian) for double/twin occupancy + tax per night.
Please make your room reservations directly with the hotel using the IEEE
802 Hotel Reservation Form (page 5 of the Meeting Info PDF), the web, or by
phone.  Cancellations made prior to 6 pm of arrival date will incur no
penalty.  If you do need to cancel, make sure you get a cancellation
confirmation number.  The Fairmont is located just across the street from
the Hyatt, so walking back and forth is easy.
Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
900 West Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada  V6C 2W6
Reservation Phone:  (604) 684-3131    Toll Free:  (800) 441-1414
Reservation Fax:  (604) 662-1907
or you may make Web Reservations at:
https://www.fairmont.com/FA/en/CDA/Home/Secure/Reservations/CDRMRsvnMain/0,3
043,,00.HTML?sPromoCode=GREEE1&lPropertySeq=100133

c) Reservations cut-off date is May 31, 2002 for both hotels.  Please make
hotel reservations ASAP !!!

d) Please note that our secure Web Registration Form is now available at:
http://www.ieee802.org/meeting/Pregform.html     so please do register NOW
!!!

e) Should you require further information or Hotel reservation forms please
check the updated Meeting Announcement on the IEEE 802 website at:
http://ieee802.org/meeting/

Please contact us at  802info@xxxxxxxx  or  (408) 241-8906  if you require
further information and/or assistance.  We look forward to seeing you in
Vancouver.

Thank you,
Dawn C. Slykhouse, IEEE 802 Conference Organizer
c/o Face To Face Events, Inc.