RE: [EFM] Special Session in New Orleans

Howard,

I'm sorry that I won't be able to attend in New Orleans. It's a shame
that this topic is coming up at an 802.3 interim meeting - I believe
that it is more of a full-802-plenary type of issue. It would have been
great to get some of the key 802.11i people to these sessions - there is
a lot of commonality between 802.11i's "shared media" issues and those
that (some) people want to see solved in EFM: it would be a shame to
have them ignore each other's work and end up e.g. with very different
layering models that might preclude much re-use of ideas, paper and/or
code. Hopefully there will be some people present at your sessions who
are familiar with the work already done by 802.1 and 802.11 in this
area.

[Aside: the above is a PC way of saying that I don't think you should
let the EFM task force get distracted by this *huge* can of worms that
has very little 802.3-specific in it].

Regards,

Andrew Smith