RE: [EFM] An Important FEC Issue

Dear Larry,
I think I can try to answer some of your questions which are based
on our experience.
But before we are looking for the changes for low BER you have asked,
do you know what are the numbers for high BER.
I have'nt seen those numbers in the reflector (maybe I missed them).

Also I need to know what are the assumptions:
1. What jitter specification do you assume. Is it as specified
    in 802.3 (38.5) or other?
2. Do you assume a standard PLL based CDR or other CDR which
    was designed for burst-mode?
3. What is the frequency difference between the ONU and the OLT?
4. What is the degradation in BER you agree to have?
and more....

(By the way, I will be happy if you can join me to the FEC email list.)

Best regards,
Raanan