[EFM] P802.3ah/D1

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

I have been asked about the deadline for submitting
presentation materials for our upcoming meeting in
New Orleans (see reminders in prior emails). As usual,
the deadline for requesting time for a presentation is
one week before the start of the meeting, i.e. Monday,
September 23rd.  You MUST coordinate your presentations
with one of the following individuals:

Optical PMD - Vipul Bhatt - vipul_bhatt@xxxxxxxx
Copper PMD - Hugh Barrass - hbarrass@xxxxxxxxx
P2MP Protocol - Gerry Pesavento - gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx
OAM - Matt Squire - mattsquire@xxxxxxx

As I have stated before, it's time to put presentations behind us.
Our job from this point forward is to review and improve
our draft. The few presentations we entertain should
address themselves to the resolution of comments. As a general
rule, rather than putting together a presentation, you should follow
the instructions to be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/tools/index.html

if you want to add, change or delete something in the draft.

We will hold our usual opening and closing task force
meetings on Monday morning and Thursday afternoon
respectively. Monday afternoon through Thursday morning
will be spent in sub task force breakout sessions. We will
schedule time for joint meetings of the P2MP and OAM
sub task forces with some representatives from the 802.1
and 802.17 working groups, (currently planned for
Wednesday afternoon) and we will also schedule
some time for a joint meeting of the Copper and OAM
sub task forces.  We have scheduled evening sessions
on the subjects of security and encryption on Tuesday and
Wednesday from 7:00 to 11:00 pm. Dolors Sala
(dolors@xxxxxxxxxxxx) is the point of contact for these
sessions.

I will post a formal agenda on Tuesday, September 24th.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force