[EFM] Sheraton Kauai reservations

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

I realize that many of you have encountered difficulties
in your attempts to reserve a room at the Sheraton
Kauai Resort in order to attend our upcoming meeting.
Face to Face Events, our conference organizer, is
working with the Sheraton to resolve the problems, and
I believe that they are making significant progress.

The Sheraton tells us that there are currently 23 members
of our group on a waiting list for rooms, and that all
23 of these individuals should receive a contact within
the next 30 hours confirming their reservation.  Even once
these people are accomodated, we expect that additional
rooms will become available.

If you are already on the waiting list, please expect to
be contacted within the next 30 hours (by 8:00 pm PDT,
Thursday October 10th).  If you don't hear from the Sheraton within
that time frame, please contact Face to Face Events via an email to
802info@xxxxxxxx . Please supply F2F with your name,
checkin/checkout dates, and waiting list number if you have one.

If you want to stay at the Sheraton but are not yet on the
waiting list, please call the hotel directly at (808) 742-1661,
and without delay. The reservation deadline for our room block is
Thursday, October 10th (tomorrow). If the reservations agent
you talk to seems less than helpful, please ask to speak with Simone
McCaffrey (reservations manager) or Denise Wardlow (director of sales).

Finally, if you are currently holding a reservation at the Hyatt,
and you are successful in securing a reservation at the Sheraton,
please remember to cancel your reservation at the Hyatt, to
free up your room for another 802 meeting attendee.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force