RE: [EFM] 10/29 EFM FEC Conf Call

Ariel,

A couple of quick clarifications, please.

You've defined a variable called "laser on time", but you mean the
sum of laser off time, laser on time, AGC settling time and CDR lock
time - is that correct?

Also, your spreadsheet refers to "split ratio", but your analysis is
valid for the general situation where it doesn't have to be the
physical number of splits; it can be interpreted as number of guard
bands (or slots or grants) - is that correct?

Perhaps these interpretations are obvious to some, but I wanted to
be clear because we may be discussing this topic in the general
session on the 14th. Thanks.

Vipul