From: FEffenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: Jonathan.Thatcher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, FEffenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
   Larry.Rennie@xxxxxxx, elynskey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Meir@xxxxxxxx,
   piers_dawe@xxxxxxxxxxx, ariel.maislos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
   lior.khermosh@xxxxxxxxxxx, Vipul_Bhatt@xxxxxxxx, pat_thaler@xxxxxxxxxxx,
   ajay@xxxxxxxxxxxx, limb@xxxxxxxxxxxx, masoud@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
   Ali@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Jim.Wieser@nsc.com, stds-802-3-efm@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Minutes of 10/30 FEC Conference Call
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:07:29 -0500

Jonathan,

What you say is a major shift from the Frame-FEC position.
That was not what was adddvertised by the proponents of frame-FEC.

Besides, who says that clause 36 stuff is going to be different for P2MP?
Layering, sir.  Layering.  Clause 36 was going to stay the same, according
to frame-FEC folks.  This also was not adddvertised.  This is a bait and
switch.

The issue that UNH has turned up is exactly the thing that Pat Thaler
had warned about - intentional errors may not be handled correctly by
every implementation, simply because errors are not effectively tested,
and their treatment is irregular.

I'm done.
Frank