[EFM] Meeting annoucement

Dear Members of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force,

The next meeting of the IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force
will take place on January 6th-9th, 2003 at the Fairmont
Hotel Vancouver in Vancouver, BC.  The meeting
annoucement can be found at:

http://www.ieee802.org/3/interims/vancouver_03.html

The hotel reservation deadline is Friday, December 6th.
Please make your reservation at the Fairmont Hotel Vancouver,
which has provided us with an outstanding room rate for
this meeting.  There will be a registration fee charged for
this meeting, and the web pre-registration form will be posted
in early December.

The primary agenda item for this meeting will be to respond
to comments received on Draft 1.2 of IEEE P802.3ah. This
draft will be posted on Monday, December 2nd, along with
instructions for submitting comments. In addition to our review
of draft 1.2, I anticipate that there will be a significant amount of
time devoted to the following three issues on Monday, January
6th in general session:

1) Long Reach Copper PHY proposals
2) FEC efficiency optimization
3) PON Optical PMD timing parameters

Presentations on these topics are welcome.  If you wish to
make a presentation at the meeting, you must coordinate your
presentation with one of the following individuals:

Hugh Barrass, hbarrass@xxxxxxxxx, Copper STF chair
Gerry Pesavento, gerry.pesavento@xxxxxxxxxxxx, PON STF chair
Vipul Bhatt, vipul_bhatt@xxxxxxxx, Optics STF chair
Matt Squire, mattsquire@xxxxxxx, OAM STF chair

The deadline for coordination is Monday, December 23rd,
and you must submit a PDF file of your presentation material
by Monday, December 30th.

In addition, I have updated our public web site with the materials
from the Kauai meeting, including the minutes of the meeting and
the communications statements to other standards bodies.

http://www.ieee802.org/3/efm/public/nov02/index.html

I look forward to seeing you in Vancouver.

Howard Frazier
Chair, IEEE 802.3ah EFM Task Force