[EFM] Light Reading Coverage - Verdict: Ethernet is the Universal Interface

Dear fellow IEEE 802.3ah contributors,

Ethernet in the Access topped the list of the Light Reading Top 10
Technology Trends in 2002.  The IEEE 802.3ah EFM standard project, along
with its industry alliance the EFMA, clearly has succeeded in moving the
industry to this reality, by promoting the considerable user and provider
benefits of applying Ethernet technology in the access network.  Ethernet is
winning in the access network and will become the universal interface
leading to the global deployment of exciting services offerings worldwide,
based upon standards-based Ethernet equipment.

The IEEE and EFMA are both truly leading the industry with their vision, and
leadership by developing the standards necesssary to revolutionize the
access network, services and the re-write economics of profitable, efficient
subscriber access.

Please join me to work together to make 2003 the year Ethernet in the Access
becomes a worldwide reality, and a year of the EFM members' prosperity.
Attached is a link to the article that I referred to this morning during the
opening plenary.  Lets make it happen!

Happy New Year!

Craig Easley,
President, Ethernet in the First Mile Alliance

http://www.lightreading.com/document.asp?site=lightreading&doc_id=26062