[EFM] Environmental classes

G.983.3 refers to ETS 300 019.  This is a very readable series of documents from the European Telecommunications Standards Institute, giving a classification of environmental conditions, e.g. weatherprotected locations, non-weatherprotected, underground.  It uses four classes of climatic conditions:
	"applies to most of Europe"
	extended
	extremely cold
	extremely warm dry

And even better, up-to-date drafts are available on the web, e.g. at
http://webapp.etsi.org/action%5COP/OP20030321/en_3000190104v020101o.pdf .

It is not the business of 802 to pick between these classes but we can refer the readers of our standard to this information.

ITU-T and ANSI T1 do not have similar documents.

Both G.983.3 and refer to IEC 60721, classification of environmental conditions.

IEC 60721-3-4 - Ed. 2.0  Classification of environmental conditions - Part 3: Classification of groups of environmental parameters and their severities - Section 4: Stationary use at non-weatherprotected locations  1995-01 is available for CHF99 at https://domino.iec.ch/webstore/webstore.nsf/artnum/019208 .

Piers