[EFM] What was the intent of Jackie Chan's motion made during the closing 802.3ah Plenary?

I am still perplexed after hearing so many explanations...
What was the intent of Jackie Chan's motion presented during the closing minutes of Thursday's  802.3ah TF Plenary? Was it really to present the fact that Behrooz's presentation pitching both SHDSL and ADSL as only able to meet the Long Reach Objective as a pair was not presented? I thought the two PHYs were presented as they should have been... standing by themselves and decided upon as standalone efforts. Otherwise, they should neither have been selected, as they did not meet criteria.

I have been told the intent of the motion was to get entered into the minutes the fact that Behrooz's presentation was not given and by doing so this was a sort of black eye for Howard Frazier and Barry O'Mahony as apparently every presentation submitted should be given a chance to be presented, unless time considerations come into play. Is this a fact? Is this "entering into the minutes" some sort of revenge or something by one side? Will we then have the presentation, with accompanying motion efforts, in March? I thought the Plenary had agreed that no new work would be entertained. Are we going to continue fighting over what we already decided on? I hope not.

By the way... there are many presentations that have been rejected and not given over these past two years of EFM. I have I submitted from last March (among many that were rejected) that proposed QAM VDSL to solve the Short Reach PHY matter... but the presentation was shelved for good reason as was too early in the process. Should I claim this "foul" as well and have the whole effort bog down in foolish claims and non-productive fighting? I will not and would respect those that feel the same and let us move ahead.
Regards,

John