Re: [EFM] What was the intent of Jackie Chow's motion made during the closi ng 802.3ah Plenary?

Behrooz,

I would like to add a note, being formerly from a CLEC.  The SHDSL PHY may
be preferred by the ILECs, but the deployment may get resistance from CLECs
in the FCC because of some of the reasons that you have stated.  If this
does happen, it will have a very detrimental effect on 809.3ah being able
to meet the broad market requirement in the five criteria. This is the
reason that I believe that both the ADSL and SHDSL PHYs must be included.

With the industry downsizing the people that are able to attend and vote at
the meetings, it would be well to be cautious about listening to comments
from CLEC representatives when you can.  At least one ILEC is still very
active in 802.3ah which may skew the view that the members have.

Thank you,
Roy Bynum