Re: [EFM] Moving forward on extended temperature range optics

Bill,

I like your requirement for labeling.  It is consistent with our past
practice.
How about we add this as item D) to our list, which would then consist of:

A) Ensure that all of the Active Optical Input and Active
Optical Output Interface parameters in clauses 58-60 can
be met, and the corresponding links function properly,
across an "extended temperature range" of operation.

B) Define what an "extended temperature range" is, and place this
definition in informative Annex 66A

C) Provide an optional PICS entry for each PMD indicating operation
over the "extended temperature range."

D) Require that compliant systems and field pluggable components be
clearly labeled with the operating temperature range over which their
operation is guaranteed.

Folks, it is very hard for me to find a flaw in this.

Howard