RE: [EFM] Moving forward on extended temperature range optics

Carlos and all,

At least we could try to agree on a common set of specifications including
temperature here in EFM, I think that would help from having a myriad of
different PMD types based on diverse operator temp requirements. Brian,
Rich, and I have tried to work with the group to develop common
specifications for temperature to be helpful. For a motivator, I wanted to
share with you a link showing an outside mounted ONT being deployed by a
utility in Washington state. It's the January Lightwave magazine story. Some
optics vendors want to serve this market for hardened optics clearly shown
here!

http://lw.pennnet.com/Articles/Article_Display.cfm?Section=Articles&Subsecti
on=Display&ARTICLE_ID=165755&KEYWORD=chelan

-Kent