[EFM] OAM applicability to non-access links

Hi,

I have the following questions regarding 802.3ah:

1) Is the defined OAM only restricted to access Ethernet links or it may be used for any Ethernet link (even in the core) too?
2) Is the defined OAM only restricted to Ethernet links defined in 802.3ah? or it can apply to other link types too?

Based on my reading of 802.3ah, it seems that the answer to both questions is "NO". In fact I haven't seen anything in the proposed OAM that is specific to any particular link type. Am I missing something?

Yours,
Shahram Davari