Re: [EFM-Copper] RE: [EFM] Official Nickname for our standard?

Hugh and all

Short reach and long reach are established terms in other metro segments,
so much so that some folks think the S 1000BASE-SX stands for short reach.

How about SR Copper and LR Copper?? Marking folks can then insert EFM SR Cu
and EFM LR Cu. Leaves room for IR cu.....:)))

Bruce

At 07:31 AM 5/25/2003 -0700, Hugh Barrass wrote:

>John,
>
>... because "EFM" does not appear in either the PAR or anywhere in the
>draft. We haven't adopted EFM as an "official" name for anything.
>
>Scott,
>
>One possibility might be 10P"reg name" and 2B"reg name" - with registers
>applicable to both being 10P/2B"reg name" - that is fairly short and unique.
>
>Alternatively SA"reg name" (by dropping the N, we avoid confusion with the
>storage version).
>
>Hugh.
>

>John.Egan@infineon.com wrote:
>
> > Why not use EFMC?